THE TWO CONCEPTS / Draft Model

THEME / Sustainability

ARCHITECTS / 
Servo Stockholm (Concept: The Organic) 
Le Corbusier (Concept: Structure)


Interpretation //



















I have approached my chosen concepts of 'The Organic' and 'Structure' through form and decoration. The first image is a sketch I did which relates to Servo Stockholms use of biomimicry in design. The facade of the entry to the tram stop is supposed to reflect a fanning leaf or palm, whilst acting as a sustainable method of shading the interior spaces. 









The second image is a combination of my understanding of Servo Stockholms use of biomimicry through the use of a facade drawn from bee hive structures, as well as Le Corbusier's notion of structure and 'lifting' buildings on pilots to free the ground beneath. I chose to elevate the tram line based on this concept in order to preserve the road below and thus better use the space. 


Parallel Projection relating to the two concepts:


Comments